Small business owners are always looking for ways to save time and money, so they can focus on the growth of their businesses. Business owners with smartphones are in luck! There are plenty of cost-effective, small business apps specifically designed to help your business succeed. These apps will assist with creating a budget, managing your accounting, streamlining day-to-day operations, and much more. The power and convenience of these small business apps can transform your small business from a struggling startup to the next big thing. Here are some of the best small businesses apps that will help you to increase your productivity and save you time.
Best apps for Different categories
Team Managing and Time Tracing Apps: TSheets, HotSchedules, Teamdeck, Gusto
Project Organizing Apps: Trello, Evernote, Basecamp, Asana
Inventory Controlling Apps: Delivered, Sortly, SOS Inventory
Finance and Accounting apps: Wave, Expensify, FreshBooks, QuickBooks
Customer Relationship Management Apps: Nimble, Belly, Salesforce, Spend
Communication Apps: Slack, Skype, GoToMeeting
Payments Apps: Square, PayPal Here, GoPayment
Team Managing and Time Tracing Apps
Leading a team can be hard. You need to delegate work, schedule times for meetings, and make sure people are doing their jobs. If you’re not fully satisfied with your current scheduling, HR, or time tracking app, perhaps it’s worth giving one of these apps a try.
TSheets is a time-tracking app that’s designed to work with QuickBooks. You can use it to track timesheets, payroll, and invoicing, as well as manage time-off requests and receive reports.
TSheets users can integrate their time tracking data with 20+ other business-related apps, including QuickBooks, Xero, Square, and more.
- Simple, intuitive time tracking
- Mobile and desktop compatible
- Easy link to payroll service
- Track periodic tasks
- Flexible plans fit any business size
- $20 per month for a couple of users
- $8 per user per month
If your business doesn’t come with a dedicated app of its own, you might look into HotSchedules. This tool is designed to help companies deal with scheduling and managing employees’ shifts, time-off requests, etc.
- Users who download this will be able to use it on iPhones and Android devices.
- Google Maps Integration
- Free cloud-based scheduling solution
- Track attendance
- Simple notifications
- Best app for restaurant management
Downloaded for $2.99 (with equivalent accounts)
With this easy-to-use resource management software, you can quickly schedule resources and projects to avoid conflicts.
- Easy to check availability of time
- Reminder notifications
- Outlook Calendar Sync
- email notifications
- customizable reports can be generated
- Instant communications
- Different users
$3.99 per user per month
If you’re not getting your payroll, HR, and compliance needs met with a free application like Gusto, it may be time to consider a more full-service option that can help you manage your operations from end to end.
- payroll, benefits, and HR
- track expenses and mileage
- Available for iPhones and Android devices
- Tracks your hours worked and paid time off
- Alerts you when you need to pay taxes and get reimbursed
- Approve time-off requests on the go
- Start at $39 per month
- $6 per user per month
Project Organizing Apps
If you’re targeting large companies and need to manage large operations, there is likely a software solution to help you.
- Track projects and set goals
- Discover trending lists, upcoming milestones, and more
- Manage members, boards, and cards
- Supports multiple languages (Spanish, Japanese), etc.
- monitor complete different tasks
Finally, if you are looking for a simple note-taking application, you’ll want to use Evernote. Evernote makes it easy to keep track of tasks, jot down notes, and share those notes with your team.
- Access any file on any device
- Combine photos and handwritten notes
- Search handwritten notes by OCR technology
- Enhance your productivity
- Accessible from your mobile device
- Ability to type notes while offline
When we built Basecamp, we brought together many of the best tools for management, communication, task lists, and scheduling. Basecamp makes it easy for you to organize your projects, schedule tasks, share files and communicate directly with your team.
- Managing projects and tasks
- Edit and track milestones
- Share files from your phone
- Desktop and mobile applications
- Instant messaging with co-workers
- Multitasking, to-dos, and notifications all in one place
- Limited in free version
- Unlimited access requires $99 per month
Instead of cards, they use a list format that can be customized in several different ways and that you can arrange however you wish.
- Ability to create tasks and add them to a list
- Able to convert to a checklist
- Responsive design
- Easy collaboration
- Customizable view settings
- Multiple task edit mode
- Multiple attachments allowed per task
- Calendar view with the ability to set recurring dates for tasks and reminders
- Task sharing capabilities with the built-in commenting system
- Task support for subtasks, time tracking, and dependencies
- The free version is available for a team of up to 15 peoples
- Premium version requires $10.99 per user per month
Inventory Controlling Apps
Delivrd provides a free, web-based inventory management application. Using Delivrd, an entrepreneur can create a product catalog; track inventory counts; and reorder stock.
- Use the app on IOS, Android, and mobile
- Enhance user experience
- Resource Management System
- Efficient content sharing
- Marketing and branding
- Analytics and tracking
- Easy Schedule Management
$49.99 per user per month
Sortly is a mobile inventory management app for small business owners, and it’s a mix of the mobile app and the web platform.
- Manage inventory
- Track sales and purchases
- Reminders for order and stock checks
- Mobile and tablet friendly
$39 per month
SOS Inventory allows you to track your inventory from manufacturing to sales. You can use a free version, but if you want additional features, you’ll need to pay for it. The software is available for free on the website, or it can be downloaded onto your desktop computer or installed as a mobile app for Android and.
- The clean inventory app
- Accounting integration
- CRM integration
- Custom reports
- Inventory tracking
- Location services
- Print barcode labels
- Multiple users login
- Android device compatible
$39.95 per month
Finance and Accounting apps
Wave is the only free accounting software that doesn’t require a subscription and doesn’t have other hidden costs. Wave offers payments and payroll to allow new small business owners to extend their functionality within a single application.
- Income and Expense Tracking
- Online banking integration
- Have e-filing of Income Tax returns
- export reports in PDF
- Multiple bank accounts
- Tax Deduction at Source (TDS) facility
- Credit card bookkeeping
- Vendor bills & Bill reminders
- Add custom fields on invoice & payment screen
- Completely free, no monthly charges
- Include processing fee of 1% bank transaction and 3-3.5% credit transaction
Expensify, like some of the other small-business apps reviewed above, serves an important role in helping you to organize your small business’s finances.
- Scan receipts with your phone
- Most sophisticated integrations
- Track business expenses
- Track business-related expenses
- Offer a free trial
- $4.99 per user per month
The built-in invoicing software is a key feature of FreshBooks. And if you’re looking for the best and most convenient mobile accounting app on the market, FreshBooks is an obvious choice. Many freelancers and small business owners use FreshBooks, which makes it a popular choice.
- Simple and easy mobile invoicing
- Sending invoices through the web
- Powerful reports and Analytics
- Phone dialer for collecting payments
- Smart reminders
- Time Tracking
- Offer a free trial of one month
- $15 for 5 clients in lite plan
- Cost increases per client
QuickBooks Online is growing fast because it gets the basics right. It’s easy to use, easy to set up, and easy to keep running. And it’s everywhere. Many of the apps are integrated with QuickBooks.
- Everything under one roof
- Search and navigations
- Manage your company or customer data on the fly
- Company file backup by DropBox
- View bills and invoices on the go
- Pay employees using QuickBooks mobile app software
- Cross selling products and services of other company’s affiliates
- Find financial institution locations easily
- Starts at $45 per month
- Basic package starts at $4 per user
Customer Relationship Management Apps
Like Salesforce, Nimble is a customer relationship management tool that allows you to build relationships with customers by helping you communicates with them, track their interests and preferences, and more.
- check-in from anywhere
- checkout instantly
- receive offers and rewards
- notifications on your phone
- Nimble not only captures the handwriting but also converts them into text formats such as DOC, PDF, JPEG, GIF, and PNG
$19 per user per month
Belly helps you add this functionality to your loyalty program. You can customize it to meet your customers’ preferences, and also use email, social media marketing, and analytics tools.
- Social media marketing
- Analytic software
- Email marketing
- Based on client fulfillment, you can plan your Programme
Cost is bit expensive starts at $129 per month
Salesforce is a great CRM software application that is used by many organizations. The Salesforce platform is used by large corporations to streamline customer service. Many small businesses have invested in the system as a way to scale marketing campaigns and handle customer issues.
- Basecamp integration
- Detailed task list
- Timely notification
- Unpretentious and user-friendly interface
- Quick Access to Accounts, Contacts, and Leads
$25 per user per month
You can use Spendgo to develop a membership program, which can be used regardless of whether customers are in your physical store, shopping online, or using their smartphone. You can utilize Spendgo’s functionality to send promotions and communications to just the right audience.
- Create marketing Programme
- Customer Loyalty Programme
- Quickly cash in your registered gift cards for money
- No friction in making payment
- Smart analytics capabilities
Starts at $10 per month
This software can make instant messaging more efficient. This productivity app streamlines communication within your office, so you can keep needless meetings at bay and reduce the number of superfluous email messages.
- Team communication
- third party integrations
- unlimited message storage
- Private chat room
- Communicate with stakeholders
- Custom notifications
- Real-time feedbacks
- Free version available
- Standard plus packages available which cost $6-$12 per active user per month and billed annually
Though there are many other options out there, Skype is still a very well-known and useful tool for small businesses. Skype is a tool that allows you to connect over the Internet, and it’s not just about chatting.
- Making cheap international calls
- Free video calls with friends/colleagues
- Instant messaging
- It’s available on IOS, Android, and Windows
- Completely free
GoToMeeting provides the best solution for individuals who work in a remote team and wish to communicate effectively. GoToMeeting Basic is for small businesses that don’t have the time or resources for a lot of complicated features.
- Real time video and screen sharing
- Present or view content on a mobile app
- Available free of charge
- Make your GoToMeeting instant with mobile app
- Connect directly with co-workers and customers
It cost $12 per month
Square changed the world of small business credit card processing in a big way. It has also vastly improved how businesses handle credit card transactions. While Square can be one of your top options, you should also investigate other POS systems.
- Secure transactions
- Cash discounting and promotional tools
- Works with iPad, Android devices Mobile app also supported Works with iPad, Android devices, Mobile app also supported
- Free card reader
Starts at 2.6% + 10¢ per payment
PayPal for Mobile Touch payments app helps business owners process credit cards, invoices, and checks on their phones. Unlike Square POS’s inventory and order management features, however.
- Pay from just about anywhere
- Pay for goods and services quickly, easily, and securely
- Facilitates your purchases via various online stores
- Mobile user friendly
Charges only 2.7% per U.S. card swipe
GoPayment is for people who accept credit cards as payment. With this app, you can also track your best-performing items, access your analytics, and use your Apple Watch.
- Review analytics data
- Great for small businesses
- Add expenses to mobile bill
- Set reminders
2.4% + $0.25 per transaction
ALL IN ALL
Business problems vary widely; however, most business apps make it easy to collect and analyze data, which speeds up your ability to improve.
Starting a small business is not rocket science. You can rely on a business automation platform that’s designed to manage communications and other tasks that are crucial for any small business. In some ways, automation tools are like extensions of your business. They can help you generate leads, acquire customers, and manage a pipeline of good customers.
This article lists 25 business applications that entrepreneurs can use to stay organized, increase productivity, and plan for the future. All told, overly relying on technology to replace personal communication with customers can be a mistake. Keep in mind that people prefer personable communication.